GreenPod is a highly efficient steerable thruster covering propulsion applications from 100kW to 2.2MW. Two versions are available: an electric motor mounted ‘under water’ in line with propeller shaft and a version with a so called L drive with electric motor mounted inside hull on top of the thruster. GreenPod contains a permanent magnet high efficiency electric motor to support a green environment. Up to two electric steering motors provide 360 degrees steering functionality of GreenPod.
GreenPod Steerable Electric Thruster
GreenPod steerable electric thruster is designed as a highly efficient fit and forget propulsor that additionally saves a lot of engine room space. In fact, due to its low height GreenPod can be mounted in almost any location.
Two versions are available:
- Pod with electric motor mounted ‘under water’ in line with propeller shaft.
- L drive with electric motor mounted inside hull on top of the L shaped propeller shaft\
GreenPods are available in sizes in between 100kW and 2.2MW. The highly efficient permanent magnet electric motor increases efficiency to support a green environment.
Up to two electric steering motors are mounted on top of GreenPod for reliable and fail safe steering. GreenPod electric propulsion motor is controlled by GreenInverter and the steering motors are controlled by a low power version of GreenInverter. These GreenInverters can be mounted on top of GreenPod for simplified and trouble free installation. GreenInverters are connected directly to DC Bus and to Ethernet communication lines.
Three different propeller configurations can be supplied:
- Pushing : standard configuration up to 12.5 knots
- Dual propeller : contra rotating propellers for speeds above 12.5 knots
- Nozzle : to increase efficiency at speeds below 5 knots to realize highest bollard pull